In an attempt to be poetic.
Bonjour.
I'm Jesh. 18 years old. Currently taking up BS Computer Science at UP Manila.
I love books and music. And food. I have a flair for the dramatic. I write poems and songs. Half-realist, half-hopeless romantic. Caffeine addict. Extroverted introvert. I'm weird like that.

#personal #writings #poems 
#thoughts 
Living Memory
16 July 2011 | 5:56 PM | 0 letters
I see a girl in the mirror
A girl filled with horror
She was pale as the moonlight
She was pretty, but it was a terrible sight

Her eyes were wet and swollen
As she wiped the tears that have fallen
Her long black hair was a mess
And her hands clung to her blood-stained dress

Who is she? Of course it’s me
There she was, longing to be set free
But invisible chains bound her
As she sang lullabies over and over

There were bites all over her skin
As I let the truth sink in
That what is was seeing was not what I looked outside

The realization frightened me terribly
For outside I was happy and bubbly
The people around have loved me for it
But then why is the mirror showing the opposite?

I thought back and thought maybe
The past had this effect on me
Though the bleedings have gone away
The hideous scars are here to stay

Then suddenly, her hand reached out
She started screaming “Let me out!”
I could see desperation in her eyes
I covered my ears to drown out her cries

But the harder I pressed, the louder the sound
I could feel my heart desperately pound
A wanted to run, run away
But something was compelling me to stay

I closed my eyes, but I could still see her
I screamed as she got nearer and nearer
I tried to run, but how do you run from yourself?
By doing that, I’d abandon myself

Flashbacks rushed in and out of my head
As she fiercely bit me; on my skin she fed
For years I’ve been running, now it has caught up with me
For the past has always been a living memory

Labels: , ,


Older Post | Newer Post