In an attempt to be poetic.
Bonjour.
I'm Jesh. 18 years old. Currently taking up BS Computer Science at UP Manila.
I love books and music. And food. I have a flair for the dramatic. I write poems and songs. Half-realist, half-hopeless romantic. Caffeine addict. Extroverted introvert. I'm weird like that.

#personal #writings #poems 
#thoughts 
Moving On
31 July 2011 | 9:15 PM | 0 letters
Moving on takes great courage
Especially for someone my age
When all I wanted is to be set free
When love has got the best of me

I had to leave, of that I was sure
Because what was to come, I could not endure
Day by day, things got worse
The magic gift, turned into a curse

I tried to explain why I had to leave
But all my reasons, he would not believe
I cried and begged him to understand
But he dismissed me with a wave of his hand

I was crushed; my heart was torn and broken
My eyes hurt, red and swollen
Things were not getting any better
The better days, I tried to remember

Things were getting way out of hand
I fell each time I tried to stand
It hurt more because you were never there
Even when I searched for you everywhere

Somehow, you were nowhere to be found
And on your front door, I tried to pound
I wanted to leave you, yes, it’s true
But my love for you was too great to undo

I found someone else after sometime
I then realized that if we were words, we would rhyme
Because our harmony was off the beat
And when we danced, we twisted our feet

You then begged me to stay, but I had to go
For I was already starting to love him so
For in your eyes, I could only see harm
And your lips, they were never again warm

It will be better, that you promised me
Like a prophecy, that’s what happened to be
At first you wouldn’t let me, but I did
Beneath his love, that’s where I hid

Eventually I left you with tears in each eye
For I knew I’d eventually have to say goodbue
I’m happy now, the pain is gone
But I guess I never really did move on

Did I? :(

Labels: , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post