In an attempt to be poetic.
Bonjour.
I'm Jesh. 18 years old. Currently taking up BS Computer Science at UP Manila.
I love books and music. And food. I have a flair for the dramatic. I write poems and songs. Half-realist, half-hopeless romantic. Caffeine addict. Extroverted introvert. I'm weird like that.

#personal #writings #poems 
#thoughts 
My Superhero
31 July 2011 | 9:16 PM | 0 letters
Last night I had a dream
I saw the man I was to love forever
He was tall, his skin was cream
And he was very, very clever

He let me ride on his back while we traveled
His knees surrounded by clouds as we ran
The people who could see us from below marveled
Thinking “we can’t do that, but that man can”

I laughed because I knew that he was more than a man
He wasn’t human, but he wasn’t a bird or a plane either
He told me that he once carried a loaded van
I thought he was perhaps insane

He then took me to what he called his hometown
It was a quiet place called Smallville
He then decided to put me down
As a raging fire, he tried to kill

I asked him, what’s it like to be you?
He smiled at me, but he looked away
What is he feeling? I want a clue
He said it was hard yet fulfilling, that’s all he would say

I said you’re everybody’s superhero, mine, too
He said he didn’t choose this, he never wanted this
That’s when I heard the alarm, the cuckoo
With that, he leaned in with a lingering kiss

I knew he loved his job, I knew why he hates it
When the sun goes down, when the stars shine
In my dreams, the only time we can meet
We both know that he can never be mine

I walked the earth, he flew the skies
I saw a human being, he was superhuman
I knew that each time I dream, my heart lies
For who could ever love Superman?

I guess only a few people can guess why I wrote this. Well, I really am in love with "Superman." But not in the way I retell it in this poem. 

Labels: , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post