In an attempt to be poetic.
Bonjour.
I'm Jesh. 18 years old. Currently taking up BS Computer Science at UP Manila.
I love books and music. And food. I have a flair for the dramatic. I write poems and songs. Half-realist, half-hopeless romantic. Caffeine addict. Extroverted introvert. I'm weird like that.

#personal #writings #poems 
#thoughts 
Letting Go
12 November 2011 | 10:34 PM | 1 letters
This here: Click.
I was a bit bothered.
Letting go, yes, is never easy. Do I really need to say this? But you know what? Letting go and learning to move on is much better (if it's even good) than being tied down in a relationship that eats you up. There are a lot of reasons why people refuse to let go. The most common reason is love. Really now? So you prove your love for each other by strangling each other and refusing to let go even if you know that neither of you benefits from the relationship? Love?
I'm writing this entry because I'm really bothered by people who refuse to end their relationships. Not that they don't want to, they simply can't. Why? There are tons of reasons. The greatest reason, dear, isn't love. It's fear.
I don't want to be a love guru. But really, how can you not be bothered by a friend (friends?) who refuses to end a relationship that only tears him apart? I've known this guy for quite some time and ever since he engaged in a relationship, well, he's changed.
Okay, scattered ideas.
As I was saying, fear. Fear that you won't find someone new? You will. Fear that no one will accept you for some reason? Impossible. Fear that you won't move on? It's all in your mind. Fear that he/she'll move on before you do? Possible, patience is the key. Fear that you might be letting go of the most important relationship in your life? Well, if it's so important, why the hell are you two so down?
I'm fifteen and I've only had two relationships in my entire life (so far, but I'm contented with the 2nd) and I can tell you: a relationship that doesn't bring out the best in you is not worth it. Repeat after me, NOT WORTH IT.
I wouldn't have bothered if these people were around 40 and they've been married for years. But 15? Come on. You haven't even reached half of your life. Trust me, he/she's not the only one. And if you don't believe me, read my biography. Nah, just kidding. But really, there will always be someone out there. How can you be sure that the one you're with is the one for you? It feels right? Sheeeesh. :|
I've lived by the saying:

If you're meant to be, you're meant to be.
If God made the two of you for each other, then even if you fall out of love, find another one, live oceans part, God will make a way for you to be together.
I saw this quote on tumblr once:
I'm not afraid anymore because I know that someday we'll be together or fate will bring something even better.

Look, I'm not really good at this and I don't know if what I'm saying here makes any sense to you, but please just try to get my point. Never think that there'll be no one out there for you. You can split now but if you're for each other, time will give way for both of you. You just have to wait. And if by any chance you belong to someone else, don't worry. That person will accept you for who and what you are, no exceptions. If he/she doesn't do that, leave. He/she's not the one.
If a relationship is bringing you down, let go. If all you do is fight, please, let go. It's not worth it. You'll miss finding the one who'll treat you as a priority if you keep hanging out with the one who treats you as an option. Before you learn to love someone else, you need to love yourself first. If you can't love and respect yourself, there is no way you'll be able to handle a relationship.
If you really want to save your relationship, talk things out. Try to fix your problems and start all over again. If you've already done this too many times before and it doesn't improve, please, just end it. Don't make a fool of yourself. You deserve better than that.

May naintindihan ka? :))

Labels: , ,


Older Post | Newer Post