In an attempt to be poetic.
Bonjour.
I'm Jesh. 18 years old. Currently taking up BS Computer Science at UP Manila.
I love books and music. And food. I have a flair for the dramatic. I write poems and songs. Half-realist, half-hopeless romantic. Caffeine addict. Extroverted introvert. I'm weird like that.

#personal #writings #poems 
#thoughts 
The Best of Me
05 February 2012 | 12:27 PM | 0 letters
My eyes are swollen. :(
I've been crying all night because of Nicholas Sparks' book and my heart is still broken until now. I hate how Sparks is so good at playing with my emotions that I end up heartbroken as if I'm the one who went through the tragic happenings of his book. He has this way of making you feel as if you're part of the story and you end up drawn to the story more than you imagined you'd be.
I used to think that Message In A Bottle is the saddest book I'd ever read. Then came The Best of Me. It had the biggest effect on me. I was already crying halfway before the book ended, and I  don't think I stopped crying. Maybe I'm just too emotional. But it's great since I don't remember the last time I cried over a fictional story. I guess I could relate(?) to the story. But I'm really sad about what happened. I mean, it's supposed to be a happy ending but somehow I couldn't ignore... well, I don't want to tell the whole story.
So yes, my eyes are swollen. I was crying really hard even after I was done reading the book. I hope it doesn't happen to me. If I were Amanda, I wouldn't have liked how things turned out.
But anyway, it's just fiction. It's just that Sparks is a terribly good writer. I used to expect too much from life because of his books and I used to tell myself that I don't live in a Nicholas Sparks novel. I hated Nicholas Sparks for that. But hating him won't stop me from reading his stories -- tragic or not.

Safe Haven, you're next.

Labels: , ,


Older Post | Newer Post