In an attempt to be poetic.
Bonjour.
I'm Jesh. 18 years old. Currently taking up BS Computer Science at UP Manila.
I love books and music. And food. I have a flair for the dramatic. I write poems and songs. Half-realist, half-hopeless romantic. Caffeine addict. Extroverted introvert. I'm weird like that.

#personal #writings #poems 
#thoughts 
Meant to Be
15 July 2011 | 8:50 PM | 0 letters
For days, I've pushed you away
Made you suffer night and day
I've shown how much I hated you
And gave you only words of few

I thought I was happy
Just having fun and being merry
But my heart deceived me
Temporary feelings fooled me

I made myself believe I can survive without you
Survive without us two
But it was just deceitful
Why is life so cruel?

I thought I could just throw away
The love we shared everyday
And now you've come to change your mind
I can't believe I was left behind

Because pride got the best of me
Almost forgetting every memory
How is it that you could easily move on?
And forget the reasons you had to hold on?

Loving you, I thought,was easy to forget
And now I'm full of regret
Chasing every memory
When you and I were still meant to be

If I could turn back the time
I'd grab time's hands and make you mine
And it would make my dream come true
My dream, to share forever with only you

But some things cannot be taken back
Especially once you've turned your back
To everything we've ever had
And it has left me feeling sad

Who knew that after three years and a half
Our love would just be a reason to laugh
But also a reason to cry and hide
From the feelings we still feel inside

You still love me, yes, you do
But not enough for you
To change your mind and come back to me
Maybe we just weren't meant to be

Labels: , , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post